Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
POSITIONED FOR GROWTH
Our harsh environment semisubmersible drilling rigs are highly advanced and among the best performers in the market.
We are looking for competent, experienced and motivated people to join our high-performing team
Do you have the drive and motivation?
- Relevant engineering qualification or the equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience within drilling and operations of platforms
- Good management qualities and ability to cooperate and see the big picture.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREA
- In terms of objectives for the business area, contribute to development of the business area with regard to company goals, and safeguard the company's leading position by efficiency and profitability which also ensure competiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Together with other operations management prepare and establish goals, strategies and action plans to ensure the best possible financial result for the company.
- Ensure focus on safety, efficiency, quality and competence, which is contingent on a high degree of involvement from the employees.
- Emphasize continual improvement as a process and modern methods in the work processes
- Take responsibility for effective administration of relevant contracts, including taking care of;
- Odfjell's contractual responsibility in acting as representative to the customer
- regular meetings with the customer to go through contract related issues
- processing and quality checking contractual annexes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Central work assignments in a position as Rig Manager for a unit will mean, in addition;
- Responsible for the daily coordination with the platform, hereunder operations, technical condition, maintenance and continuous improvement within QHSE.
- Responsible for budgeting and financial results for the unit. Continual work on cost-efficiency and development of contract with customers.
- Checking of invoices to a customer.
- Checking of orders.
- Owner and responsible for projects, herunder modifications and classification of the unit.
- Emergency Preparedness with respect to the Emergency Prepareness Manual for headquarters
- Other tasks are specified in the management documentation for each operations unit.
- The Rig Manager is responsible for ensuring that commercial and other goals are reached and that operations are carried out in accordance with internal requirements and the requirements of the customer and the authorities. Furthermore the Rig Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the company's QHSE requirements are met. The Rig Manager is responsible for ensuring that the customer receives necessary information about operations-related conditions. Ensure experience transfer from other operations activities. Take care of responsibilities related to reporting staff, conduct employee performance appraisals and see to personnel development in the unit.
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED