Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
POSITIONED FOR GROWTH
Our harsh environment semisubmersible drilling rigs are highly advanced and among the best performers in the market.
We are looking for competent, experienced and motivated people to join our high-performing team
Do you have the drive and motivation?
Assistant Rig Manager
- Relevant engineering qualification or the equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience within drilling and operations of platforms
- Good management qualities and ability to cooperate and see the big picture.
- The Assistant Rig Manager shall, in his/her work, assist the Rig Manager in the day-to-day activities associated with the operations.
- Keep up to date on applicable laws and regulations that govern drilling activities.
- Carry out independent projects that can improve the efficiency of the installation.
- Carry out specific tasks for the customer.
- Function as stand-in for Operations Manager/Operations Leader in relevant forums.
- Emergency Preparedness with respect to The emergency preparedness manual for headquarters
- As the Operation Leader's representative, the Assistant Operations Leader is jointly responsible for ensuring the operations are conducted in accordance with requirements set internally, by the authorities and by the customer.
- Responsible for conveying necessary information about the operation, operational conditions and personnel-related conditions to the client.
- Contribute to create a good working environment
- Contribute to recommend improvements, as well as record discrepancies with suggestions for corrective measures
- Work with management to develop own expertise
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED