Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
POSITIONED FOR GROWTH
Our harsh environment semisubmersible drilling rigs are highly advanced and among the best performers in the market.
We are looking for competent, experienced and motivated people to join our high-performing team
Do you have the drive and motivation?
- Higher technical education. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience
- Experience and expertise in technical rig / drillship operations
- Experience from international work would be an advantage
- Good communication and cultural understanding skills
- Structured, determined and task focused
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Supervise installation on behalf of the Owners and thus responsible for monitoring;
- that the installation complies with applicable rules, regulations, company and industrial standards
- that customers’ requirements are followed up and complied with
- that the installation is run economically (technically)
- that the installation is operated efficiently (technically)
Within the technical departments:
- Act as main contact and assist fleet/Rig Manager.
- Oversee incoming documentation and monitor conformance to requirements
- Coordinate with purchaser regarding technical issues and instruct if necessary
- Be updated on the installations technical status, and actively ensure that company standards are followed
- Keep Rig Manager informed and report status and possible deviations regularly.
- Assist offshore rig management in planning and execution of maintenance and repair, including class activity
- Verify the rigs/vessels budget proposals and provide input to operating budget
- Develop/facilitate scope of work for modification, major repairs and SPS
- Responsible for the follow up of class and flag state survey and conditions.
- Contribute to create a good working environment
- Contribute to recommend improvements, as well as record discrepancies with suggestions for corrective measures
- Work with management to develop own expertise
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED