Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
POSITIONED FOR GROWTH
Our harsh environment semisubmersible drilling rigs are highly advanced and among the best performers in the market.
We are looking for competent, experienced and motivated people to join our high-performing team
Do you have the drive and motivation?
- Higher technical education (MSc, BSc or equivalent). Relevant experience may compensate for lack of formal education.
- Minimum 4-8 years of relevant work experience related to mobile offshore units.
- The position requires a high level of competence within project execution and technical operation.
- Good conceptual understanding of recent rig design and up to date knowledge of applicable rules and regulations.
- As the working language is English, good oral and written English skills are required.
- On behalf of MODU Discipline Responsible E&I ensure that operation and maintenance of MODUs control systems are executed in accordance with applicable rules and Odfjell Drilling requirement
- Contribute in the development and implementation of MODUs technical philosophy and fleet wide solutions for own discipline
- Verify that operational philosophy is aligned with design
- Assist in verification and coaching of operational organization on technical issues and assist operational to solve NPT situations
- Assist in clarification and implementation of class and authority requirements for own discipline
- Proactively support and advice operational organization on technical issues within own area of responsibility, and involve other disciplines when relevant
- Follow up long term plans and improvement initiatives for MODU owned installations on upgrades, class activities and modification for own discipline
- Assist in competence development, requirement and qualifications for technical personnel
- Assist in establishment and implementation of procedures and guidelines for own discipline in CMS
- Assist in fleet wide synergies and lessons learned within own discipline
- Involvement in management of technical change process through technical clarifications, safety assessment and discipline quality control
- Participate in establishment of framework agreements including follow up of supplier network within own discipline speciality
The MODU Senior Engineer Control systems act on behalf of MODU Discipline Responsible E&I;
-Professional follow up of operation and maintenance of control systems on-board MODUs.
-When verifying the technical operations, assessment of technical conditions and response to critical events.
-When supporting and advising the technical rig organization within own area of responsibility.
-When verifying technical competence in offshore organization.
- Control system for marine, drilling and technical operation
- Other systems as defined within own discipline speciality
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED