Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Odfjell Drilling Technology has approximately 75 dedicated and QHSE-oriented resources serving the following areas: Platform maintenance, Drilling engineering services including EPCI, MODU and fixed installations, New build projects, Yard stays, Technology projects & improvement processes.
Within our business unit Odfjell Drilling Technology we are looking for an Electrical engineer at our office in Bergen. We are looking for an experienced “can do” candidate that is motivated by challenges in a hectic working environment.
- Electrical engineering and design activities, not limited to
- Contribute in project(s) and deliver on time and budget assigned work tasks. Ensure that appropriate processes are carried out in accordance with the requirements given by the authorities, external customers and Odfjell Drilling.
- Perform surveys, onshore and offshore.
- Contribute in CTR- and bid activities, both study and project related.
- Report costs, progress and deviation to technical lead/package engineer and project managers.
- Cooperation with rig owners in order to optimize systems and minimize down time related to electrical issues
- Participate in preparation and review of reports, documents, work packages and drawings
- Cooperation with other technical disciplines related to electrical issues
- Contribute in developing the discipline
- Load analysis
- VSD systems
- High and low voltage systems
- Lighting fixtures
- Cable and bulk material selection
- Electrical equipment specification
- Rules and regulations for electrical installation (offshore installation)
- Technical, Bachelor or Master Degree within engineering minimum 5 years’ experience
- Electrical authorization Gr. L
- Background as Electrician Gr.L, Ship Electrician or Automation Engineer is preferred.
- Experience with Mobile Offshore Units (or ship) and fixed platforms
- Experience with relevant laws, regulations and standards
- Familiar with EX, Exi and ATEX equipment and regulations
- Experience with project deliveries
- Knowledge in Equinor engineering systems such as SAP, STID, APOS, Procosys and others
- Familiar with programs like Febdok, Autocad, ProArc, MS Office
- Experience with drilling and Well control equipment is preferred
- Committed, motivated and safety conscientious
- Creative and constructive
- Determined and result oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Extensive computer skills
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges that open up for good professional and personal development
- Extensive course programs
- Project management course/general management training
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED
The company emphasises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.