Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Odfjell Drilling Technology (ODT) has 75 dedicated and QHSE-oriented resources serving the following areas: Platform maintenance, Drilling engineering services including EPCI, MODU and fixed installations, New build projects, Yard stays, Technology projects & improvement processes.
Within our business unit Odfjell Drilling Technology we are looking for a QHSE engineer at our office in Bergen. We are looking for an experienced “can do” candidate that is motivated by challenges in a hectic working environment.
- Study and project execution within drilling facilities both on Mobile Offshore Units and fixed platforms
- Responsible for managing, supporting and coordinate assigned Quality, Risk and HSE activities during project execution
- Risk Management development and enhancement including risk and emergency analysis on governing level
- Perform risk and event analysis (HAZID/HAZOP, Bow-tie, FTA, constructability etc.)
- Risk registration, assessments and follow up (internal risk register and PIMS)
- Lead and perform audits and verifications (internal and suppliers)
- Preventive actions and Non-conformance handling analysis and follow up
- Facilitate Change Management analysis and workshops
- Experience transfer handling, development and coordination
- Assist in relevant QHSE training for Company employees
- Design specification and verification related to safety systems (C&E, F&G, ESD Hierarchy, safety layout, fire protection)
- Reliability and functionality assessment of safety barrier systems
- Perform surveys, onshore and offshore
- Installation and commissioning support
- Project implementation of continuous improvements
- Technical, Bachelor or Master degree within engineering with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Management experience within Quality, Health, Safety and/or the Environment
- Experience as lead auditor / auditor according to ISO 9001 / ISO 19011 and Risk Management according to ISO 31000 / ISO 17776
- Petroleum industry standards, rules and regulations such as NORSOK, NMD, ISO, DNV and IMO
- Knowledge in engineering systems such as SAP, APOS, STID, Procosys, PIMS and others
- Authority rules and regulations (PSA, NMA, DNV, NORSOK)
- Human Factor (HF) analysis
- HAZID/ HAZOP analysis
- Process improvements
- Adequate knowledge of drilling equipment and operations
- International standards like IEC and ISO
- SIL/ OLF 070
- Fire and Gas systems including Cause & Effect diagrams
- ATEX (Electrical and mechanical)
- Automated, hydraulic and electromechanical systems
- Committed, motivated and safety conscientious
- Creative and constructive
- Determined and result oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills, Norwegian and English as a minimum
- Team player and developer
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Extensive computer skills
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges that open up for good professional and personal development
- Extensive course programs
- Project management course/general management training
- Competitive benefit package with regards to wages, offshore compensation, insurance and pension plan
- Mobile telephone and home internet connection
- Welfare benefits such as company cabins, subsidised training etc.
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED
The company emphasises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.