Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Training Coordinator GBS / Temporary position
Due to maternity leave, we are seeking a candidate for a temporary position as Training Coordinator in Odfjell Drilling’s GBS HR group. The position is required to be filled with an approximately one year duration.
The person we are looking for will need to have experience from relevant training positions.
- Strong educational background, Bachelor's Degree in relevant IT/HR/Finance discipline area
- 5+ years working in offshore oil & gas industry, or relevant technical or support disciplines
- Ability to work systematically
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements
- Extensive knowledge of IT tools and systems within area of responsibility
- Good knowledge of English, both written and oral, including excellent presentation skills
- Strong cooperation and communication skills and be able to work accurately and systematically
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A highly motivated and positive attitude is essential to this role.
Duties & Tasks
- Support and ensure alignment with OD’s strategic objectives.
- Work with other disciplines and business units to meet customer requirements.
- Support key internal stakeholders across the business to ensure operational success
- Identify opportunities for operational excellence and cost saving
- Support in implementing Global Standard, Procedures, Guidelines And Templates
- Support Odfjell Drilling and perform tasks in accordance with company requirements on ERP system development
- Ensure continuous improvement of HR & Training functionality in the ERP system solution
- Provide targeted participation of all employees in the unit and encourage users of the ERP system
- Keep manager informed of the status, plans, development and trends
- In cooperation with super users, establish user documentation for training
- Create action plans for training and development management within the group’s subject area
- Responsibility for administration and follow up of training activities offshore, organizing and updating of training matrices that meet internal and external requirements within MODU & PDR
- Further develop and ensure the quality of efficient/good work processes in line with CMS, OMEGA and ERP system/ARP rotation module
- At all times, adhere to the applicable instructions and procedures to maintain good quality and effective performance of tasks
- Use company systems and programs in the performance of tasks
- Keep up to date with laws, regulations, flag state requirements and contracts that are for the performance of duties
- Participate in tenders that fall within the area.
- The right person is positive and proactive, and demonstrates flexibility
- Is an excellent listener and communicator, takes the initiative to reach out first
- Has a customer service mind-set and sense of urgency
- Have demonstrated the ability to start, drive, and complete projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to prioritize and follow through on complex tasks
- Have an extreme eye for detail, and able to work in a high structured manner
- High standards for exactness
We can offer:
- A professional environment with diversified tasks
- The group is facing new challenges that open up for good professional and personal development
- A dynamic, enthusiastic and good working environment
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our Managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED