Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 40 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2000 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Odfjell Drilling UK Ltd offers an inspiring, challenging and supportive work environment with global opportunities. We give you the possibility for personal and professional development in an innovative and growing company. We are currently looking for a Rope Access Manager to join our growing team.
This is a staff position based at our Aberdeen, Altens offices. Initially a considerable offshore engagement will be expected (initial phase) which will then lead on to a more consultative requirement.
The Rope Access Manager is responsible for determining that rope access is an appropriate method of work, and for defining, planning, implementing and reviewing the operation of a safe system of work.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Knowledge of offshore drilling facilities and equipment
- Training and experience in at least one mainstream inspection or engineering skill
- High focus on achieving results and technical excellence with higher level thinking
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Systematic and goal oriented
- Presentation skills.
- Proactive attitude towards QHSE management.
- Create and develop new concepts within work methods.
- Good communication and networking skills.
- Work as part of a team
- Outgoing and positive attitude
The main responsibilities of this positon are detail below:
- Meet all IRATA and UK HSE requirements for the role
- Possess full competence and experience of all aspects of Rope Access work being managed
- The ability to create, implement and review Rope Access work control systems, procedures and processes
- Responsible for the procurement and management of all rope access equipment
- Recruit, mentor and develop rope access safety supervisors and other rope access technicians
- Approval of all rope access procedures.
- Verification of rope access technician competencies.
- Select and approve all rope access equipment suppliers
- Select and approve all rope access equipment.
- Approval and / or appointment of Rope Access Safty Supervisors.
- Compilation of Safety studies, Risk Based Analyses, Job Safety Analyses, Method statements for projects as required.
- Client focal point for rope access technical expertise as applied in the delivery of various maintenance, operational and engineering work scopes in an Oil & Gas and Renewable Energy environment
- Provide project management to rope access based offshore projects
- Deploy to site as on site team leader on offshore projects (initial phase)
- Deploy to site/offshore as specialist technical authority and investigator (subsequent phase)
- Provide support to the establishment and development of the business, both domestically and overseas.
- Provide best practice knowledge and initiatives to improve procedures and processes.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem solving under one’s own initiative.
Odfjell Drilling group has defined five core values in order to describe our basis for business operation and decision making. These values describe our managers and personnel’s competence and personality:
COMMITTED – SAFETY CONSCIOUS – CREATIVE – COMPETENT – RESULT ORIENTED
The company emphasises in its recruitment policy to build teams with a diversified group of people, with regards to age, sex and cultural background.