Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
ODFJELL DRILLING (UK) LTD
Assistant Derrickmen – Platform Drilling
We are looking for Assistant Derrickmen for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
The Assistant Derrickman operates, monitors and maintains all drilling fluid systems and equipment associated with drilling oil and gas wells from an offshore drilling unit; directs and coordinates work activities associated with drilling fluid system and equipment operations; and works aloft in the derrick and/or at rig floor piperacker console running and retrieving drill string sections from the well bore. The Assistant Derrickman works in the pit room or pump room as directed, maintains pit room and mud pump equipment. The Assistant Derrickman operates and maintains all related tools and other equipment required to run casing, run and retrieve drill string, riser, subsea equipment and specialized tools as required. During non-drilling operations, the Assistant Derrick man’s work activities include repair and maintenance of all drilling systems, equipment and work areas as directed by the Driller. During relocation of the drilling unit, the Assistant Derrickman assists as directed in positioning the drilling unit on and off location.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Assist and relieve the Derrickman, as required.
- Operate, monitor and maintain all drilling fluid systems and equipment.
- Checks valve line-up on all pump related manifolds at the start of each shift.(mud pumps, charge pumps, transfer pumps, etc.)
- Monitors mud properties, volumes, gains and losses while in the pit room.
- Receives and ships dry bulk and mud from supply boat to bulk storage tanks.
- Builds mud volume to client's specifications.
- Assists with maintaining logbook of mud weights, volume and viscosity readings taken throughout the tour while circulating system is employed.
- Work on Stabbing board if required.
- Must be able to recognise the signs of a well kick or blowout before it develop into an emergency condition.
- Required to participate in well control drills to provide the drilling team members practice of functioning the well control equipment to control abnormal well bore pressures.
- Keeps track of the location of rig floor blowout equipment and all necessary tools.
- Maintain the rig floor, sub-structure and associated areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Carry out shaker duties in accordance with work programme.
- Take fluid weight and viscosity checks logging them and reporting any anomalies to the Driller
- Attends any pre-spud meeting as required.
- Drive fork trucks as required for cargo and chemical handling.
- Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Carry out a comprehensive hand over of ongoing tasks to back-to-back Assistant Derrickman.
- Assist in area inspections as required.
- Become competent in their particular discipline.
- Work towards achieving Derrickman competency.
- Coach Roustabouts and Floorman to assist them with their competency.
- Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required.
- Reports any equipment damage to rig supervisors immediately.
- Attend safety meetings, emergency and life saving drills as required.
- Attend and contribute to TBT/TRIC's and ensure full understanding of the planned operation and your responsibilities.
- In the event of an incident/accident, ensure all steps are taken to make the area secure for investigation and inform the Senior Odfjell Representative immediately.
- Properly use and care for personal protective equipment.
- Bring to the immediate notice of their supervisor, any potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment, which come to their attention in the course of their work.
- Carry out planned safety inspections when required.
- Make use of Safety Observation System e.g. BOSS/STOP.
- Take immediate action to contain, eliminate or guard against actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as an Assistant Derrickman within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to work offshore.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.