Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Senior Rig Mechanics
We are looking for Senior Rig Mechanics for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
Responsible for various duties including but not limited to the operational integrity, safety and the cost effective operation of all drilling equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance. The ultimate objective of this position is to assist in ensuring that all mechanical systems remain operative throughout the operation and comply with safety, regulatory body and test standards. All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company and Client Safety Management System.
- Responsible for operational integrity, safety and the cost effective operation of all drilling equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance.
- Maintain and repair as necessary all mechanical equipment, investigating defects and submitting reports as required.
- Report on parts, tools and supplies needed to maintain the equipment for which they are responsible.
- All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of all Company safety policies and procedures that pertain to his area of responsibility.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Senior Company Representative/ Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in the ordering of parts, required for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Ensures that the work sites in his areas of responsibility are kept in a clean and orderly manner, free of hazards.
- Attend shore-based training as directed by the Company.
- Complete in a professional manner all required maintenance reports.
- Safeguard the rig tools and instruments in their care.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding various functions of other rig departments and shore base operations.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in TOPS/future programmes and written work instructions. Promote and capture suggestions for improvement.
- Must represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 3 years previous Snr Rig Mechanic experience within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to travel offshore.
- Hold appropriate trade papers.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.