Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
We are looking for Senior Rig Electricians for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
Responsible for various duties including but not limited to the operational integrity, safety and the cost effective running of all drilling equipment maintenance and preventive maintenance. The ultimate objective of this position is to assist in ensuring that all electrical systems remain operative throughout the operation and comply with safety, regulatory body and test standards. All role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company Safety Management System.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Maintain and repair as necessary all electrical equipment, investigating defects and submitting reports as required.
- Carry out and record isolations of electrically driven equipment to be worked on by them self and others.
- Report any misuse of equipment to the Senior Company Representative / Maintenance Supervisor.
- Offer technical assistance and electrical back-up as may be required for the safe operation of any equipment on the installation.
- Be knowledgeable of all Company safety policies and procedures that pertain to his area of responsibility.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in the ordering of parts required for maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Complete in a professional manner all required maintenance reports.
- Carry out tasks as part of a multi-discipline maintenance team as operational requirements dictate.
- Ensures that the work sites in his areas of responsibility are kept in a clean and orderly manner, free of hazards.
- Attend shore-based training as directed by the Company.
- Document any change to drilling unit electrical/electronic systems.
- Bring to the immediate notice of their supervisor actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the client’s Permit-to-Work and risk assessment system and in compliance with Safety Procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding various functions of other rig departments and shore base operations.
- Active participation in the client’s safety observation system.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in TOPS/future programs and written work instructions. Promote and capture suggestions for improvement.
- Assist in the development of Motorman (electrician) to Electrician.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK.
- A minimum of 3 years previous Snr Rig Electrician experience within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to travel offshore.
- Hold appropriate trade papers.
- Hold valid COMPEX certification.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018