Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
We are looking for Senior Toolpushers for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Be knowledgeable in both the Company and Client management systems to ensure compliance with procedure.
- Ensure that all Drilling, Completions and Service Provider personnel carry out work activities in accordance with the Client and Odfjell Drilling procedures.
- Conduct internal assessments (where applicable) to company standards and procedures on activities within your area of competence.
- Act as an Area Authority to ensure all work activities in the Drilling package and associated areas are controlled under the Integrated Safe System of Work (ISSOW).
- The Toolpusher supervises the work activity of the entire drilling department to include carrying out objectives established by onshore rig management or the Offshore Installation manager (OIM). Essential functions include safety management, rig appearance, planning, budget control, scheduling, problem solving, inventory management, maintenance of rig equipment, crew training, conducting inspections and operational meetings, establishing good relations with other heads of departments and communicating objectives to the Driller and Maintenance Team.
- The primary objective of this position is to successfully complete oil/gas wells to the satisfaction of the Client and Company management while complying with all applicable regulations.
- Continual improvement and transfer of experience
- Manages and directs the daily activities of the drilling department in accordance with client goals and within Company guidelines/policy
- Operates the drilling unit in accordance with safe and acceptable practices within company guidelines/policy
- Conducts pre-tour meetings with drill crew to communicate daily objectives, special instructions, safety precautions and training activities as required
- Attend appropriate well control schools. Maintain appropriate well control certification and operate the drilling unit in accordance with safe well control practices and in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Knowledgeable and able to perform procedures for circulating kick out in accordance with one of two basic methods:
- Wait and weight
- Driller’s method
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other department heads, supervisors, operator’s representatives, subcontractors and other personnel on the drilling unit
- Operate in such a manner which results in achieving the Operating Plan and objectives including but not limited to the following areas:
- Client drilling curve
- Rig budget (cost control)
- Manpower turnover
- Rig appearance/housekeeping
- Eliminate any waste, and establish a cost conscious planning effort within area of responsibility.
- Ensure that rig equipment is maintained in compliance with Company’s Preventive Maintenance Program within area of responsibility
- Ensure that adequate levels of inventory for the drilling system equipment area maintained, accurately inventoried and preserved
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a senior toolpusher within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to work offshore.
- Hold a valid well control certificate?
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.