Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
ODFJELL DRILLING (UK) LTD
Roustabouts – Platform Drilling
We are looking for Roustabouts for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
Work activity includes the safe and proper rigging and slinging of all loads lifted and moved by the offshore unit's deck cranes and other lifting equipment to include various operational system components and equipment, supplies, containers, tubulars and other materials utilised in the daily functioning of the offshore unit as directed by the Roustabout Foreman. During non-crane operational modes, the Roustabout's work activity includes various maintenance work about the entire offshore unit to include paint preparation, painting, material/equipment movement about the decks, repair and maintenance of systems and equipment within various departments as assigned/directed on a project basis., all role holders will demonstrate safe working practices in line with Company policies, procedures, training and legal requirements. Personnel will ensure their own safety at all times and will assist in ensuring the safety of others by participating fully in the Company Safety Management System.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Carry out safe and proper slinging of loads lifted and moved by deck cranes and other lifting equipment.
- Bank crane using correct signals and commands.
- Assists with the offloading and backloading of supply vessels.
- Assist in offloading, measuring and labeling of drilling tubular.
- Organise the deck under direction of Deck Foreman.
- Maintain all drilling areas in a clean and tidy condition.
- Maintenance work /painting as directed by Deck Foreman.
- Assist with mud preparation operations (mixing and mud treatment) as directed.
- Drive fork trucks as required for cargo and chemical handling.
- Attends any pre-spud meeting with all drill crew members.
- Ensure that all equipment under their control complies with statutory requirements and is maintained at all times in a safe condition or is otherwise withdrawn from service.
- Required to participate in well control drills to provide the drilling team members practice of functioning the well control equipment to control abnormal well bore pressures.
- Carry out relief duties as Floorman when competent to do so.
- Stand-in for alternative work discipline as required.
- Complete any other reasonable tasks as delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Carry out comprehensive hand over of tasks to back-to-back Roustabouts.
- Become competent in their particular discipline.
- Work towards achieving floorman competency.
- Carry out shaker duties if required.
- Attend onshore or offshore meetings and additional training, as required.
- Attend safety meetings, emergency and life saving drills as required.
- Attend and contribute to TBT/TRIC's and ensure full understanding of the planned operation and your responsibilities.
- In the event of an incident/accident, ensure all steps are taken to make the area secure for investigation and inform the Senior Odfjell Representative immediately.
- Properly use and care for personal protective equipment.
- Bring to the immediate notice of their supervisor, any potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment, which come to their attention in the course of their work.
- Carry out planned safety inspections when required.
- Make use of Safety Observation System e.g. STOP.
- Take immediate action to contain, eliminate or guard against actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK.
- A minimum of 2 years previous roustabout experience within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to travel offshore.
- Hold a valid OPITO Banksman slinger stage 3 or 4 certificate.
- Hold a valid OPITO Rigger training stage 1, 3 or 4 certificate.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.