Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Offshore Maintenance Supervisors (Mechanical)
We are looking for Maintenance Supervisors (Mechanical) for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
The key duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the responsibilities detailed below:
- Manages the maintenance department in accordance with established, safe working practices such as those applicable portions contained in the Company or Client Manuals.
- Operates in such a manner to achieve or help to achieve the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Conducts internal assessments (where applicable) to company standards and procedures on activities within your area of competence.
- Requests, through Toolpusher, the parts and materials required to maintain adequate inventory in area of responsibility.
- Prepare and supervise work / tasks undertaken by maintenance crews.
- Maintain good working relationships with Toolpusher, department heads, crew and onshore staff.
- Perform or assist in the performance of such tasks or projects as may be assigned by the Toolpusher/Onshore Maintenance Supervisor/Advisor.
- Remains conversant with the information, procedures and instructions contained in the Platform’s operating manual and procedure manuals.
- Review all operational and technical bulletins and implement all directives for area of responsibility.
- Observe all National authority rules and regulations pertaining to area of responsibility.
- Completes, submits and maintains Company required paper work.
Eliminate any waste and establish a cost conscious planning effort within area of responsibility.
- Practice safe operations routinely and ensure that all persons in his department adhere to Company safety policy. Report violations to the Toolpusher.
- Ensures that all documentation pertaining to the maintenance department, including construction and equipment drawings, is maintained and updated, as required, to reflect current status and conditions.
- Maintains the safety of the platform at all times.
- Ensures that any overboard discharges are monitored and controlled.
- Be knowledgeable of all Company safety policies and procedures that pertain to his area of responsibility.
- Ensures that the work sites in his areas of responsibility are kept in a clean and orderly manner, free of hazards.
- Participates in Safety meetings.
- Attend shore-based training as directed by the Company.
- Must be knowledgeable regarding various functions of other rig departments and shore base operations.
- Must represent the Company in a professional manner both on and off the job to include confidentiality of Company and Client business.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in TOPS/future programmes and written work instructions.
- Promote and capture suggestions for improvement – facilitate and ensure that agreed actions are implemented.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the requirements of the Permit-to-Work system and in compliance with Safety Procedures.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 3 years previous offshore Maintenance Supervisor (mechanical) experience within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to travel offshore.
- Hold appropriate trade papers.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.