Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
We are looking for Performance Toolpushers for the platform drilling side of our business. The successful candidates will work on the UKCS on a 3/3 rotation.
Act as a focal point for all Performance Initiatives. Look for efficiency’s which can be applied to improve Performance. Ensure drilling operations are adequately planned in advance, making use of pre-shift briefs and TBT’s, and communicating plans to all those involved. Ensure that first line supervisors are present at the TBT’s. Ensure that all equipment is checked, spotted and measured on time to avoid any delays.
Monitoring the operational lookahead daily.
- Essential functions include problem solving, conducting inspections and ensuring Drillers’ instructions are carried out according to plan while in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Coach, drive and enhance Drilling Department personnel to the required standards of the Company and Client while in compliance of applicable regulations.
- Monitor and record, looking to optimise drilling practices.
- Conduct internal assessments (where applicable) to company standards on activities within your area of competence.
- Ensures the Drilling unit is operated in accordance with safe and acceptable practices within company guidelines & policy.
- Conducts/oversees pre-task and post-task meetings with Drill crew to communicate daily/task objectives, special instructions, safety precautions, procedure compliance and gather lessons learnt.
- Review and implement lessons learnt.
- Is knowledgeable and able to act in the vent of all well control situations.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with supervisors, operator's representatives, subcontractors, and other personnel on the drilling unit.
- Operates in such a manner which results in achieving the Operating Plan and objectives including but not limited to the following areas:
- Minimising Downtime
- Optimising Operational Efficiency
- Promoting and encouraging Safety
- Optimising high standards of Rig appearance/housekeeping
- Ensure that all Drilling, Completions and Service Provider personnel carry out work activities in accordance with Odfjell Drilling procedures.
- Perform HSE leadership and safe, compliant well activities, mentoring and supervision of Driller and/or Drillers relief.
- To be on location at critical points in the operation or to ensure adequate supervision is available.
- Driving operational performance continuously through robust planning, preparation and execution of the work programme.
- Pre-plan operations to ensure equipment is available in advance of the operation taking place
- Liaise with Senior Toolpusher / Toolpusher and Drilling Representative to identify what planning, actions, permits and lift plans (approved) and follow-up are required to ensure safe and efficient operational progress.
- Ensure lessons learned are captured and incorporated in procedures/future programmes and written work instructions. Promote and capture suggestions for improvement – facilitate and ensure that agreed actions are implemented.
- Attend safety meetings, emergency and lifesaving drills as required.
- Make use of Safety Observation System, and take immediate action to contain, eliminate or guard against actual and potential hazards to safety, health, plant and equipment which come to their attention in the course of their work.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- The right to work in the UK
- A minimum of 3 years previous Performance Toolpusher experience within platform drilling.
- Hold the minimum certification required to travel offshore.
- Hold a valid well control certificate.
Applications should be submitted via www.odfjelldrilling.com by 19th October 2018.