Odfjell Drilling is an international drilling and well service provider with more than 45 years’ experience. Today, our approximately 2700 valued employees are serving clients in several international countries.
Odfjell Drilling owns and operates mobile offshore drilling units both in Norway and worldwide and is a provider of platform drilling services in the North Sea. The Company offers Well Services, Engineering and Project Management. We are an organization with long experience from harsh environments in the North Sea.
We continuously look for talented people to share the exciting challenges in the global oil and gas industry. Although the company is known for experience and expertise, we know how to appreciate innovation and new thinking.
Join us for the future; visit www.odfjelldrilling.com for more information on our people, values, and business.
Service Technician - TRS/DHT
We are looking for Service Technicians with TRS and DHT experience to join our team in Kuwait.
This is a rotational role, 3 months on and 1 month off. Candidates with a Kuwait residency or based in Kuwait will be preferred.
At employment date:
- Relevant formal background
- 5 years’ experience from rig/service operations specially to TRS & DHT’s
- Preferably experience from a mechanical past exposure
- Ensures full awareness of and compliance with, the requirements of all relevant Company/ customer HSE handbooks, HSE procedures and emergency procedures.
- To arrive at specified point of departure fully prepared for both on/offshore travel and forthcoming operations before the check-in time as directed by the Operations Co-ordinator / Sales & Operations Co-ordinator.
- To carry valid passport, Medical Certificates and any other necessary means of identification.
- To understand and adhere to all the customers safety requirements.
- To be able to communicate with customers and third party personnel.
- Attend all safety talks and safety meetings wherever practical inputting relevant matters as necessary.
- Aid with pre-job equipment function checks, including running up tongs and units.
- Rig up and operate all types of hydraulic power tong, snub line and torque gauges.
- Check and/or adjust power tongs and associated accessories for correct operation.
- Safely operate all types of power tongs from 3½" - 20"
- To communicate with the tong operator and driller.
- To aid with tubular maintenance and thread inspection services.
- Rig up T+T peripherals to power tong where applicable.
- To assist in the analysis of connection graphs on all T+T units.
- Understand and operate CRTi as per company procedure’s
- Understand the operations of DHT such as but not limited to WB tools and Circulating subs.
- Any other duties or functions as directed by Supervisor.